Translate Website:

School closure on Friday 11th November

School closure on Friday 11th November

Dear parents and carers

As you know, Jennie Ebanks sadly died some weeks ago. I have received information this week that her funeral is to be held on Friday 11th November in Wolverhampton, where her family live.

Jennie was a much loved member of our staff who had been with us for over 10 years, and a very large proportion of our staff wish to attend her funeral. Having considered several options, I have reluctantly had to take the decision that we will be closing the school and our after school club as a result of the high level of staff absence.

I understand how inconvenient this is for families, and do apologise. I would, however, ask for your understanding in this extremely unusual situation. Closing the school is not something that I take lightly, and I would not be doing it if we had enough staff to keep children safe.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have either contributed to Jennie’s book of condolences, or who have made a monetary contribution for her family. We will be taking these to the funeral next Friday, so please do add any contributions before then if you wish.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience,

Kind regards,

Jack.