Translate Website:

September 2018

 

School vision
Hanover Primary School…
Provides an excellent standard of education, with all children challenged to make rapid progress from their starting points, so that they leave our school well-prepared for their futures.
Produces happy, well-motivated, well behaved and healthy children who have a lifelong habit of learning.
Is a community school at the heart of its community, where everyone finds a sense of belonging.
Maintains financial security without compromising the school’s distinctive character.
Is outward-looking and has excellent links with external agencies and other key stakeholders

 

Context of the school

Hanover Primary School is a 1 ½ form entry community primary school by the side of the Regents Canal in Islington. It serves a diverse and engaged community. The headteacher has been in post for two years and is developing an enthusiastic and ambitious leadership team.

The school is committed to providing a rich and broad curriculum that is led by real-life experience and hands-on learning. This includes a child-led approach in the Early Years and Year 1, and an increasing focus on outdoor education across the school. The school has no uniform and children know staff by their first names.

The school’s community is made up from those living in the immediate vicinity of the school. This includes families working in the city and in the creative and technological industries, public-sector workers and a large proportion of families from low-income backgrounds, many of whom live in social housing. The largest ethnic group at Hanover is white English (37%), with 43 other groups making up the remaining 63% with no group totalling more than 10%. White and Black Caribbean is the largest other group (6.1%). 34% of children are currently entitled to the Pupil Premium in years 1-6, although we know that there are other families who are living in poverty but who are not yet claiming their eligibility. The school has low mobility. 56% of children are boys and 44% are girls.

Key School priorities 2018-2019

1.    Improving % of children at Expected Standard and Higher Standard in maths across the school, with a particular focus on fluency

2.    Maintaining progress and standards across years 3 and 4

3.    Increasing % of children entitled to the Pupil Premium reaching Expected Standard in all subjects by Year 6

4.    Improving % of children entitled to the Pupil Premium in all year groups reaching the Higher Standard in reading, writing and maths

5.    Provision in Early Years and Key Stage 1 is age-appropriate and challenging leading to excellent progress for all children including those entitled to the Pupil Premium.

 

 

Most recent OFSTED outcome (March 2018) Good